Thursday, July 10, 2014

New Callings from God

New Callings Follow the Reception of Blessings or Elections:

All throughout the LDS Scriptures, whenever we receive a Blessing from God or God makes one of our Elections Sure, then God always issues a New Calling, a New Position, and a New Title; and then, God commands us to go forth using our enhanced Blessings and Elections to serve others thus giving us a command to strive to lift others to our new and higher level.

What did the Gods go forth to do after they had been Elected or Blessed to become Gods? They were then given a command to go forward striving to lift the rest of us up to their Exalted Level. Even the Gods are commanded to keep moving forward all the while blessing those of us who reside with them or near them. This is a good deal. You have been given, so now, go out and give.

Luke 22: 32:
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

The Blessing or Election: Being converted.
The New Calling: Strengthen thy brethren. President of the Church of Jesus Christ.

John 21: 16-17:
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

The Blessing or Election or Spiritual Gift: Learning to Love the Lord.
The New Calling: Feed my sheep. Perfect the Saints.


D&C 11: 21:
21 Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men.

Blessing or Election: Obtaining God's word or God's Doctrine, and Obtaining the Spirit.

New Calling: Convincing men and converting men to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, using the Spirit and the Word that God gives us. An LDS Missionary.



Mosiah 26: 20:
20 Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.

The Blessing or Election: Eternal Life.
The New Calling: Serve God, go forth in God's Name, gather together God's sheep into the Church of Jesus Christ. President of the Church of Jesus Christ.



Helaman 7: 10-11:
10 And behold, now it came to pass that it was upon a tower, which was in the garden of Nephi, which was by the highway which led to the chief market, which was in the city of Zarahemla; therefore, Nephi had bowed himself upon the tower which was in his garden, which tower was also near unto the garden gate by which led the highway.
11 And it came to pass that there were certain men passing by and saw Nephi as he was pouring out his soul unto God upon the tower; and they ran and told the people what they had seen, and the people came together in multitudes that they might know the cause of so great mourning for the wickedness of the people.

Helaman 9: 40-41:
40 And now there were some among the people, who said that Nephi was a prophet.
41 And there were others who said: Behold, he is a god, for except he was a god he could not know of all things. For behold, he has told us the thoughts of our hearts, and also has told us things; and even he has brought unto our knowledge the true murderer of our chief judge.


Helaman 10: 4-11:
4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.
6 Behold, thou art Nephi, and I am God. Behold, I declare it unto thee in the presence of mine angels, that ye shall have power over this people, and shall smite the earth with famine, and with pestilence, and destruction, according to the wickedness of this people.
7 Behold, I give unto you power, that whatsoever ye shall seal on earth shall be sealed in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven; and thus shall ye have power among this people.
8 And thus, if ye shall say unto this temple it shall be rent in twain, it shall be done.
9 And if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou cast down and become smooth, it shall be done.
10 And behold, if ye shall say that God shall smite this people, it shall come to pass.
11 And now behold, I command you, that ye shall go and declare unto this people, that thus saith the Lord God, who is the Almighty: Except ye repent ye shall be smitten, even unto destruction.

This one covers over four chapters in the Book of Mormon.

Blessings and Elections: A wide assortment of spiritual blessings. A covenant from God to bless Nephi for all Eternity. Multiple Callings and Elections made Sure by God. I was told that there were other Blessings given that are not explicitly listed.

New Calling: Go forth to the people, preach Repentance, and warn the people of impending destruction if they don't Repent. The Sealing Power.


D&C 6: 33-37:
33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.


The Blessing: The ability God gives us to sow.
The New Calling: To go out and reap the harvest. LDS Missionary.

The Blessing: The lack of fear.
The New Calling: Do good. Serving and Loving the Latter-day Saints and the enemies of God. Peacemaker.

The Blessing: Forgiveness from the Lord (I condemn you not).
The New Calling: Go and sin no more. Perform with soberness the work which God has given you. A Laborer in the Kingdom of God.

Obviously, I could go on for days and weeks providing examples, and so could you. I quoted some of the ones that I was told to go look up.

Moses 1: 39:
39 For behold, this is my work and my glory – to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

The Blessing: Godhood.
The New Calling to Us: Go thou and do likewise.

In the LDS Scriptures, Jesus Christ makes it abundantly clear that He sees great value in converting people to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, even if we don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment